This recipe is best with
- 240g cream cheese
- 80g castor sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200ml milk
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and shredded
- 25g sultanas
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan with corn oil. Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and essence until light and creamy. Add in milk gradually and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and cinnamon to mix.
- Stir in shredded apple and sultanas. Do not over mix. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the muffins warm.