This recipe is best with
- For the base:
- 200g Oreo biscuits (cream removed, leaving only the biscuit), finely crushed
- 100g chocolate sponge cake, mashed
- 60g butter, melted
- For the topping:
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 65g butter, at room temperature
- 100g castor sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tsp gelatine
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream, whipped until just stiff
- 50g Oreo biscuits (cream removed), crushed coarsely
- Lightly grease a 20cm spring form pan. Melt butter in a small container on power medium high for five to 10 seconds in a microwave oven. Mix melted butter, biscuit crumbs and chocolate sponge cake until evenly mixed.
- Transfer mixture into the spring form pan; spread evenly. Use a flat-bottomed glass and press mixture evenly over the base. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind until smooth; add butter and continue to blend until smooth.
- Mix lemon juice and gelatine in the microwave oven. Heat on power high for 30 seconds, uncovered. Stir until the gelatine is dissolved, then pour the gelatine mixture into the cheese mixture.
- Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Stir in biscuit crumbs and pour mixture into a prepared cake tin. Refrigerate for at least three to four hours or until set.
- To remove, run a knife around the inside of the tin and turn cheesecake out onto a serving dish.