Pair these lovely Chocolate Banana Muffin with a fresh cup of coffee or Milo for an enjoyable morning.
This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
This recipe is best with
- Flour mixture
- 340g cake flour, mixed with 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1 tsp baking soda; sifted
- 60g cocoa powder, sifted
- 40g wheatgerm
- 180g brown sugar
- 1/4tsp salt, fine
- Wet ingredients (whisked together
- 200ml butter, melted
- 40ml condensed milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 250ml buttermilk
- 30g bananas, ripe; chopped
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- Line 16 muffin moulds with waxed paper muffin cases. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- To prepare batter: Make a well in the flour mixture. Pour in the whisked wet ingredients and mix to a creamy batter. Stir in banana and chocolate.
- To bake: Pour batter into prepared muffin cases. Bake for 10 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 180°C and bake for another 15 minutes. Cool muffins in pan for 5 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.