This recipe is best with
- 180g butter
- 175g castor sugar
- 100g durian flesh, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 125g self-raising flour
- 60g plain flour
- Grease and line a 20cm round or square cake pan. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale. Add durian and essence. Continue to beat until mixture is light and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift both the flours and fold into the butter durian mixture. Stir to mix.
- Turn out batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cake is done when tested with a wooden skewer.