This recipe is best with
- Mixed Fruit:
- 15g glazed peach
- 225g glazed figs
- 270g glazed apple
- 20g glazed pear
- 365g sultanas
- 70g mixed peel
- 45g rum or rum flavour
- 230g butter
- 210g sugar
- 35g glucose syrup
- 235g eggs
- 115g low protein flour
- 115g high protein flour
- 5g vanilla essence
- 3.5g cinnamon powder
- 1.2g nutmeg powder
- Cut all the glazed fruits into cubes.
- Soak sultanas in water for about 20minutes. Rinse out.
- Mix all the above ingredients together.
- Cover and keep in the chiller for three days before use.
- Beat butter, glucose syrup and sugar together at medium speed by using the paddle beater.
- Add eggs one at a time, slowly.
- Add a little flour if the mix starts to curdle.
- Fold in the flour carefully (use only 90% of the flour). The balance of the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg powder are to be incorporated in the mixed fruits.
- Last, fold in the mixed fruit.
- Pour the cake batter into 10 × 21 × 8 cm cake tin and bake it at 160 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
(Group A) Mixed Fruit:
(Group B) Cake: