This recipe is best with
- 6 eggs, separated
- 155g castor sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 15g green tea powder
- 70ml fresh milk
- 3½ tbsp corn oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm tube pan.
- Place egg yolks in large mixing bowl; whisk until thick and pale. Gradually add 100g sugar. Beat until thick and creamy. Combine milk, green tea powder and oil and stir slowly into the egg yolks.
- In another large bowl beat egg whites until foamy then add salt and cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining sugar, a tablespoon at a time. Continue to beat until mixture is stiff but not dry.
- Stir a quarter of the egg yolk mixture into the egg white and sift in flour to mix. Add remaining egg yolk mixture and gently fold in with a metal spoon until mixture is well blended.
- Turn batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 25 minutes or until the top springs back when touched lightly with your finger.
- Invert tube pan to cool.