This recipe is best with
- 50g rolled oats
- 45g castor sugar
- 180g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g cold butter, diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 45g whipping cream
- 50g dried cranberries
- Combine oats, sugar, flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Rub in the diced butter to mix.
- In a separate small bowl, combine egg and whipping cream then add the mixture to the flour mixture. Stir in cranberries and work quickly to form a soft dough. Do not overmix. If the dough is too sticky, lightly sprinkle in a little extra flour.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 2.5cm thick. Cut dough into circles with a round cookie cutter.
- Arrange scones on a lightly greased baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 20 minutes or until golden brown and well risen. Remove scones from the tray and serve them warm.
- Just remember this tip: do not overmix scones especially after the butter and liquid are combined.