Make this pretty Moist Marble Cake, the perfect addition to your range of Raya kuih. This recipe was first published in Flavours magazine.
- 400 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 g margarine
- 220 g sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150 ml milk
- 100 g chocolate (melted)
- red food colour
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Beat margarine and sugar until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined. Mix in the vanilla essence. Fold in the flour in three batches with the milk; start and end with flour.
- Divide the batter into 3, one batch to fold into the chocolate, another batch to mix in with a few drops of food colour and leaving the last batch plain.
- In a cake pan, spoon in alternating batter colours. Use a wooden skewer to swirl the mixture to create a marbling effect.
- Bake in the oven, rotating pan midway at 20 minutes, for 40 to 45 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool before serving.