If you’re looking for a foolproof recipe with guaranteed deliciousness, we recommend this sinful no bake cheesecake to please mum this Mother’s Day.
This recipe is best with
- For base:
- 250 g biscuits (we used digestive biscuits)
- 80 g unsalted butter
- For cheesecake:
- 500 g cream cheese(room temperature）
- 1/ 2cup caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened whipped cream
- 1 1/2tsp gelatin (mixed with 1/4hot water)
- For milk chocolate filling:
- 2 51g Mars bar (or any other chocolate of your preference)
- For the white chocolate filling:
- 2 40g Hershey's cookies and cream bars (or any other chocolate of your preference)
- 2 Mars bars (chopped to small pieces)
- Line the base of a 20cm springform tin with baking paper and lightly grease the sides. Set aside.
- Blend / crush biscuits until it turns into fine breadcrumbs. Add butter to mixture and combine well.
- Pour the biscuit mixture evenly into your prepared tin and press down with the back of a spoon to flatten the surface. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, pour 1 1/2 tsp gelatin into 1/4 cup hot water and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
- In another bowl, add the softened cream cheese and caster sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed, until the mixture is thick, creamy and smooth.
- Add in gelatin and whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Combine well.
- Meanwhile, chop the Mars bars into small pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in a microwave oven for 15- 30 seconds (stop to stir every 10 seconds or so) until the chocolate has melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolates.
- Prepare another microwave-safe bowl for the white chocolate. Repeat the process until the chocolates have melted.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into 2 separate bowls. Pour the melted Mars bars into the first bowl. Mix well using a spatula or an electric mixer.
- Pour the melted white chocolates into the second bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the 1st and 2nd cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base. Cover and chill it in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours to set before serving.
- For garnish, you may also sprinkle some chocolates slices /flakes on top of the cake.