This recipe is best with
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Apple sauce:
- 6-8 green apples(skinned, cored and finely chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 50 ml water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Whip cream with icing sugar and vanilla essence until stiff.
- To make apple sauce, put chopped apples in a saucepan with sugar and water. Simmer until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Gently melt butter and sugar. Add breadcrumbs to caramelise.
- The dessert should be assembled just before eating. Otherwise the breadcrumbs will become soft.