- Carrot Walnut Cake
- Mix emulsifier, sugar, salt and eggs on medium speed for 5 10 minutes. The batter should turn white but still watery and not thick at this stage.
- Gradually fold all the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, vanilla and walnuts into the mixture on slow speed.
- Fold in finely shredded carrot, prunes and raisins on slow speed for 10 seconds.
- Blend in oil on 1st speed for 30 seconds until evenly mixed.
- Transfer into three or four, 6in tins and bake on a tray of water for 35 to 40 minutes at 180°C.
- After baking apply Apricot Glaze and decorate with marzipan carrots.
- Cream Cheese Topping
- With a paddle, mix all the ingredients together for 15 minutes on medium speed until smooth and aerated.
You may also like