This is a simple yet delicious risotto that accentuates the wonderful flavour and aroma of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- 100g Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 160g rice (Arborio or Carnaroli)
- 60g (11 quarter) onion, finely chopped
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 60ml white wine
- 40ml cooking cream
- 20g butter (unsalted)
- parsley for garnish
- salt to taste
- 6 pieces of scallops, shelled
- Head up the stock.
- Melt butter in a pot and add in onions. Saute until it becomes transparent.
- Stir in the rice and saute for about a minute. Stir continuously to not let it brown.
- Pour in the white wine and keep stirring.
- When the wine evaporates, add a ladle of hot stick whilst stirring continuously. Be careful not to let it scorch.
- As soon as the liquid is fully absorbed, add in another ladle of stock and keep stirring. Repeat this process for 15-20 mins.
- When the rice becomes tender, add in the cooking cream and mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Grate the Parmigiano-Reggiano into the rice and mix well. Season with salt to taste.
- Pan fry scallops till golden browned.
- Serve the risotto on a plate, topped with scallops. May add in more butter for taste. Garnish with some chopped parsley. Enjoy while hot!