- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 22cm kugelhopf tin. Arrange some halved pitted sweet dark cherries on the base of the tin.
- Beat butter, sugar and essence until creamy and light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and ground almonds. Alternately fold in flour mixture and evaporated milk into the batter, starting and ending with the flour.
- Spoon one half portion of the batter into the tin. Line cherries, spacing out in a row then spoon remaining batter into the tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Cover the cake with foil if it browns too quickly.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 10-15 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust cake with icing sugar to serve.
You may also like