As one of the first recipes in the ‘Cook, Movie and Chill‘ series, we hope to excite you with this comforting one dish wonder. One pot, two persons – this dish is a heart stealer and belly satisfier 🙂
- For marinade:
- 1 chicken chop, cut into cubes
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cooking caramel or dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 2 dash of sesame oil
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Rest of ingredients:
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprig spring onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup of rice
- To marinade: Marinate cut chicken with the marinade ingredients for at least 20 mins before cooking.
- To prepare sauteed onion: Saute onion and garlic with some cooking oil till fragrant. Remove into small bowl and top up with oyster sauce and soy sauce in the saucepan.
- Pour pre-washed rice into a saucepan and cover with sufficient water. Cover and cook for 10 mins until the rice is semi-cooked.
- Open to stir and cover for another 2 mins.
- Once the rice is set, arrange marinated chicken on top. Cover and cook for another 12 mins.
- Open the lid, add in chopped carrots, prepared sauteed onion and garlic sauce and some spring onions. Cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Garnish with additional spring onions and enjoy!