Welcome to ‘Shop Kuali Recipes’! As one of the first recipes in the ‘Cook, Movie and Chill‘ series, we hope to excite you with this comforting one dish wonder. One pot, two persons – this dish is a heart stealer and belly satisfier 🙂
Save this recipe to refer later and check out at our Trusted Partner, Tesco.
Want more meal planners? Check out the full listing at Shop, Cook, Eat, Repeat.
Shop Kuali Recipes is an answer to busy professionals out there looking for convenience when shopping for quality ingredients, paired with a simple yet delicious recipe. Bundled recipes chosen are meal planners designed for two persons cooking for three times a week. Cooking for more? Simply double up the recipe ingredients!
Save more by buying the meal planner series!
- For marinade:
- 1 chicken chop, cut into cubes
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cooking caramel or dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 2 dash of sesame oil
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Rest of ingredients:
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprig spring onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup of rice
- To marinade: Marinate cut chicken with the marinade ingredients for at least 20 mins before cooking.
- To prepare sauteed onion: Saute onion and garlic with some cooking oil till fragrant. Remove into small bowl and top up with oyster sauce and soy sauce in the saucepan.
- Pour pre-washed rice into a saucepan and cover with sufficient water. Cover and cook for 10 mins until the rice is semi-cooked.
- Open to stir and cover for another 2 mins.
- Once the rice is set, arrange marinated chicken on top. Cover and cook for another 12 mins.
- Open the lid, add in chopped carrots, prepared sauteed onion and garlic sauce and some spring onions. Cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Garnish with additional spring onions and enjoy!