Red-skinned sugar cane is often boiled to obtain a semi-sweet sugar cane stock. It is a delicious drink on hot, sweaty days and helps cool us down. Try this recipes and enjoy.
- 600g chicken, chopped
- 20g yuk chok
- 25g hoi chok
- 5g sweet Chinese almonds (nam hung)
- 5g bitter Chinese almonds (pak hung)
- 5g kei chi
- 5 red dates, seeded
- 1 litre prepared sugar cane stock
- Combine all ingredients in a double-boiler.
- Boil the soup for an hour.
- Serve the soup immediately with a dash of salt.