- 300g Hong Kong kai lan
- 100g chicken meat (blended until fine)
- 400g chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Hong Kong flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Blanch kai lan in hot water. Drain and set aside.
- Mix chicken and chicken stock, stirring well.
- Wipe kai lan dry with clean kitchen towel and sprinkle with hong kong flour.
- Pour chicken stock mixture into wok. Place over strong flame and turn off heat as soon as the mixture boils.
- Dip kai lan into the mixture. Leave for half a minute to allow the mixture to coat the vegetables. Drain and place in dish.
- Thicken remaining chicken stock mixture with cornstarch. Pour over kai lan and serve.