This recipe is best with
- 400g linguini/Fettucini
- 1 lemon
- 200ml tomato sauce
- 20g Spanish onions, chopped
- 50g oyster mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 50g butter
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 10g fresh basil leaves
- 10g Cajun spice (available at most supermarkets)
- 300g chicken breast (app. one breast per person)
- Cook the linguini/fettucini in a pot of bolling water that has about 1 tablespoon salt and a little oil added to it. (noodles should feel springy, yet soft enough in the mouth if it is cooked.) Drain and set aside.
- Remove skin and cut chicken breast into fingers. Marinate with cajun spices and salt.
- Saute the chopped onions and mushrooms with butter and add the tomato sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes till sauce bubbles.
- Arrange the linguini on a plate, squeeze some lemon juice on the noodles and pour the sauce on.
- Grill the chicken breast and place on top of linguini. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped fresh basil.
- * Substitute 50g butter with 2 tbsp olive oil for those who are on a special diet.