- 6 to 8 medium-sized chicken drumsticks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 large sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1 level tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 level tsp of prepared mustard
- 2 level tsp of salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive or other vegetable oil
- Rinse chicken drumsticks and trim off any excess bits of skin or fat. Pat dry with absorbent paper towels.
- Roughly crush garlic cloves in a mortar and pestle and bruise the rosemary leaves. (If using dried rosemary, crumble them in your fingers.) Mix in the pepper, mustard, lemon juice, salt and oil.
- Rub this over the chicken drumsticks, cover and refrigerate for two to four hours.
- Place chicken pieces under a preheated grill or roast in oven at 190 ºC for 20 to 25 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of the drumsticks), turning chicken over halfway through the cooking time to brown them evenly.