- Heat oil and fry the cinnamon, 2 sprigs of curry leaves, onion, ginger and garlic paste and dried chillies for a minute.
- Bring flame to low and add turmeric, chilli powder, ground spices and salt, while stirring all the time to prevent the spices from getting burned. Remove from fire,if necessary.
- This mix will be very dry, dont worry. Mix spices well. Add tomatoes and chicken and coat chicken evenly with the spice mixture. If mixture gets thick, add water.Cook over gentle heat.
- For more sauce or gravy, add stock or water but be cautious and add a little at a time to get the consistency required.
- Garnish with finely sliced curry leaves.
You may also like