- 1 plump chicken (approximately 1.5-1.6kg), cleaned and well-drained
- 1/2 bottle Shao Hsing Hua Tiau wine
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Boil a large pot of water. When the water starts to boil put in the chicken (make sure there is enough water to cover the entire chicken). Immediately remove the chicken from the pot. Bring water to a simmering boil again. Put chicken in again.
- When the water begins to boil, turn off the heat for 15 minutes with the chicken in the stock. Remove chicken once more and reheat the stock again.
- Return chicken to the stock then take out again. Put in chicken again and turn off the heat for 10-15 minutes with the chicken in the stock. Leave the chicken in the pot until it is cooked.
- In the meantime, prepare a small basin of water with lots of ice cubes. Take chicken out of stock and allow to soak in the ice-cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine ingredients (A) in a deep casserole. Put in the chicken and allow to soak for at least two hours. To serve, remove chicken from the pot and cut into bite-sized pieces.