- A free-range kampung chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 25g ginger, sliced thinly
- Pinch of salt
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 250ml Chinese rice wine
- 100ml hot water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Put chicken pieces into a mixing bowl. Add ginger slices, spring onions and a pinch of salt. Mix well together and leave aside for 1520 minutes. Arrange marinated chicken on a heatproof dish. Steam over rapidly boiling water for 1015 minutes over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to steam for an extra 45 minutes. Add wine, water and salt to taste and cover the steamer to steep the chicken for an hour before serving.