- A free-range kampung chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 25g ginger, sliced thinly
- Pinch of salt
- 2 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 250ml Chinese rice wine
- 100ml hot water
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Put chicken pieces into a mixing bowl. Add ginger slices, spring onions and a pinch of salt. Mix well together and leave aside for 15-20 minutes. Arrange marinated chicken on a heatproof dish. Steam over rapidly boiling water for 10-15 minutes over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to steam for an extra 4-5 minutes. Add wine, water and salt to taste and cover the steamer to steep the chicken for an hour before serving.