What’s for lunch? Well, the safest choice is hawker stall chicken rice! You can make your own chicken rice at home too! We promise this chicken rice is as good as the one you saw on 5 stars hotel!
- 1 chicken, about 1.2-1.5kg
- 1-1½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 cups (300g) rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4cm knob ginger, lightly smashed
- 2 screwpine leaves, shredded and knotted
- 1 piece chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp sugar or to taste
- Bring just enough water to a boil in a large stock pot (water is just enough to cover the chicken). Once the water boils, put in the chicken then turn down the heat to low. Cook covered for about 10 minutes. Turn off the flame and leave the chicken in the water for about 35-40 minutes. Take the chicken out and immerse in a basin of cold water for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and hang up for a while.
- Brush the chicken with combined sesame oil and light soy sauce mixture. Chop chicken into serving pieces and return the chicken feet and neck portion to the chicken stock to boil.
- Heat oil and margarine in a wok and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add rice and stir-fry well. Transfer rice to an electric rice cooker. Add enough chicken soup stock. Put in screwpine leaves, chicken stock cube, salt and sugar. Cook until rice is done. Stand for 10 minutes before serving rice with the prepared chicken.
Ingredients is not available.
Steps is not available.