- Trim prawns and keep the shells intact. Season with marinade (A) for 10-15 minutes.
- Steep jasmine tea leaves in half cup hot water. Strain the tea and put the tea leaves on paper kitchen towels. Pat completely dry.
- Heat wok with enough oil and fry the tea leaves until crispy. Remove and set aside; with the remaining hot oil, deep-fry the prawns for 3-4 minutes. Dish out and drain from oil.
- Heat oil and sesame oil in a wok. Fry ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add in dried chillies, leek and carrot.
- Pour in sauce (B) and bring to the boil. Return prawns to the wok and cook briefly. Dish out on to a serving plate. Top up with the pre-fried crispy tea leaves.
You may also like