This recipe is best with
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp coffee emulco
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 25g cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp water
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 40g chopped walnuts
- 150g bananas, peeled and mashed
- Line 6 ramekins with greased greaseproof paper and preheat oven to 200°C. Mix coffee emulco, coffee powder, cocoa powder, milk and water into a paste. Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy then add eggs one at a time. Add mashed bananas and beat in combined coffee and cocoa paste. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in sifted flour and wholemeal flour to mix. Add chopped walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into prepared ramekins until three-quarters full. Top with a slice of banana and half a walnut. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are well risen. Leave in the ramekins for 5-6 minutes, then remove the muffins onto a wire rack to cool.
1 thought on “Mocha Banana Muffins”
tried this..turned out beautiful..I do not have ramekins but used cupcakes casing onto the 12 holes muffin pan instead.