This recipe is best with
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 30g walnuts, chopped
- 25g blackcurrants
- 90g soft brown sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a muffin tray with corn oil. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Stir sugar into combined sifted ingredients. Whisk milk, essence, melted butter and egg in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in the whisked mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add apple, walnuts and blackcurrants. Mix well, then spoon batter into muffin tin. Fill until three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.