Having mastered her baking techniques in renowned French chef school Le Cordon Bleu, as well as founding the French-themed coffee shop Café Madeleine, Chef Alina Hew brings a refreshing French twist to these almond cookies.
This recipe is best with
- 170g butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 1/4tsp salt
- 200g all purpose flour
- 100g cornflour
- 100g toasted almond flakes
- Beat butter and icing sugar until creamy.
- Add sifted flour, cornflour, salt and almond flaskes and mix well.
- Roll out the dough to 1cm thickness. Cut into round shape using a round cutter. Arrange the cookies on tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven of 170 degrees Celcius for 15 mins until light golden brown.