This recipe is best with
- Homemade Pineapple Jam
- 2 big pineapples (approx 900g each)
- 400 g sugar
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- pinch of salt
- Melt in the mouth dough
- 350 g cookie flour / all purpose flour
- 227 g unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk to egg wash
- Peel and grate the pineapples with a grater. If using blender, add 1/2 cup of water.
- Combine the grated pineapple with sugar and cinnamon sticks and cook for approximately 2.5 - 3 hours or until it dries and the desired colour is achieved.
- Sieve flour, cornstarch and add salt.
- Cream butter with egg yolk and add icing sugar.
- Add flour mixture.
- Knead into dough.
- Divide dough into 10g balls.
- Flatten the dough and drop a small amount of jam in the centre and roll into a ball. Place one piece of clove on the top.
- Egg wash and bake in a preheated oven for approximately 20 mins or until golden brown.