- 1 tbsp roasted chickpea dhal (you can buy these roasted)
- 1 tbsp raw chickpea dhal, washed and soaked 10 minutes
- 3 shallots (pre-cooked)*
- 20g ginger
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut(white part only)
- 5 Tbsp water mix with 1/4 tsp tamarind
- 1 tsp gingerly oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- *Cook for a 3 - 4 minutes in a little oil
- Put all the ingredients in an electric spice grinder and grind to make a fine, thick-ish mixture.
- Separately, heat up gingerly oil, fry mustard seeds till they sputter, add the curry leaves. Stir this into chutney. Serve with thosei or idli.