This recipe is best with
- 200g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 200g castor sugar
- 1 nos whole egg
- 1 nos egg yolk
- 5g vanilla essence
- 400g all purpose flour
- 4g baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10g cocoa powder
- Add butter and sugar, mix until smooth and creamy
- Next, add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix till well combined
- Sieve in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix till it forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into two portions. and knead the cocoa powder into one portion of the dough.
- Once done, wrap both doughs, flatten and chill for at least an hour.
- After dough has chilled, remove from wrap and lay out on parchment paper. Roll them both into rectangles of 3mm thickness
- Lay the cocoa dough on the vanilla dough and roll it lightly with a rolling pin. Trim and cut both edges.
- Roll tightly into log form shape, wrap and leave in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take out from freezer and leave it out for 3 minutes before rolling into a bed of colorful sprinkles
- Cut each slice at 5mm thick each and bake for 10-12 minutes at 165 deg C
- You may add other colour/flavour on the cookie dough as desired