This recipe is best with
- Brown Butter
- 145g Anchor unsalted butter
- Cake Batter
- 110g cake flour
- 3g baking powder
- 80g brown sugar
- 1g salt
- 110g eggs
- 65g Anchor Whipping Cream
- misc vanilla essence
- 120g browned butter
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Chantilly
- 200g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 1 nos Anchor Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 15g icing sugar
- 5g vanilla essence
- pistachio, chopped
- mixed berries
- Cook anchor unsalted butter on medium heat. Stir it once in a while.
- Once it begins to brown, take off the heat and soak the pot in ice water. Cautious: Very hot butter!
- Once it's cooled, strain it.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Sift cake flour & baking powder together. Set aside.
- Hand mixer mixes brown butter, brown sugar & vanilla together.
- Gradually add egg mixture and mix until homogenous lastly add cream.
- Using hand whisk to fold in all dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Pour into baking mould and bake for 35-40mins.
- Remove cake from the baking tin and allow to cool completely on the cooking rack.
- On a double boiler, mix anchor cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla essence, lemon zest and some anchor cream until smooth & creamy. Ice bath it for 10 mins or until 2-3°C. Add the rest of the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture. Make sure the chantilly is chilled to 2-3°C before whisking.
- Whisk on medium speed until it starts to trail a little. Reduce to low speed and continue whisk until peak.
- Transfer to a piping bag and use later.
- Pipe vanilla cream cheese chantilly to your liking and garnish with mixed berries and sprinkle chopped pistachio. Enjoy!
To Make Brown Butter
To Make Brown Butter Cake
To Make Vanilla Cream Cheese Chantilly
To Decorate The Cake
1 thought on “Brown Butter Cake”
The brown bits in brown butter is the best. Don’t take it outtttttt.