Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Bernadette Kh’ng for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“A delicious dessert doesn’t have to be complicated to make either, so what’s super easy to make and totally tasty too? A Bubur Kacang Hijau Durian Burnt Cheesecake with Crackers of course!” – Bernadette Kh’ng
- Bubur Kacang Hijau Durian:-
- 150g Kacang Hijau (Green bean)
- 100ml Coconut milk
- 30g Sago
- 40g Gula Melaka
- 50g Castor sugar
- 2 Pandan leaves
- 140g Durian flesh
- 650ml Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Bubur Kacang Hijau Durian Burnt Cheesecake:-
- 215g Anchor cream cheese
- 30g Castor sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100g Anchor whipping cream
- 9g Cake flour
- 10 pieces of Cream Crackers (Eg. Jacobs)
- For Topping:-
- Cracker crumbs (Eg. Jacobs)
- Soak the kacang hijau for 1-2 hours.
- Add in castor sugar, gula melaka, pandan leaves and water to boil until dissolve.
- Add in kacang hijau to the pressure cooker and cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and then add in sago.
- Finally, add in durian flesh and salt, stir it slowly so that the coconut milk is not too thick and not lumpy.
- Preheat 15 minutes at 220°C before baking.
- Prepare 6” round cake & parchment paper.
- Whipped cream cheese and sugar together in a mixer on low speed.
- Once cream cheese mixture has a smooth texture, slowly add in eggs and vanilla extract one at the time.
- Combine cake flour and 150g of bubur kacang hijau together and mix well.
- Whip whipping cream till medium peak forms and the mixture is no longer runny.
- Once done, add the whipping cream to the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 3 parts.
- Pour in the 1st part of the batter, lay down a base of crackers. Pour in the 2nd part of the batter, put down another layer of crackers. Keep layering like this, ending with the layer of batter on top and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Once you are done baking, chill in the fridge for overnight and Enjoy!!!