Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Nik Aina Syuhada for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- Ingredients A
- 50gm black glutinous rice
- 1 cup of water
- 10gm plam sugar
- 20gm sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pandan leaf
- 50gm thick coconut milk
- Ingredients B
- 250gm Anchor cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 30gm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- First of all, line 6' inch pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Soak black glutinous rice for at least 1 hours.
- Boil water with black glutinous rice and pandan leaf at high heat. Once it boils, reduce heat to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes until the black glutinous rice puffs up.
- Add sugar and palm sugar then stir it until all sugar dissolves. Then add coconut milk and salt.
- Stir a bit then turn of the heat. Set a aside.
- For the cream cheese mixture, beat cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-low speed, scraping down sides of bowl, until very smooth, no lumps remain, and sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Increase speed to medium and add the egg, beating the egg about 15 seconds before adding the egg yolk.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, then reduce mixer speed to medium-low.
- Add cream, salt, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Turn off mixer and sift flour then beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Lastly, pour the glutinous rice mixture then beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cheesecake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven 200°c until deeply golden brown on top and still very jiggly in the center.
- Let it cool first, then enjoy!