This recipe is best with
- Rendang Paste:
- 100g Dry Chilli, Pre-Boiled
- 500g Red Onion, Sliced
- 80g Garlic, Sliced
- 80g Ginger, Sliced
- 130g Lemongrass, Sliced
- 80g Galangal, Sliced
- 40g Fresh Turmeric, Sliced
- Other Ingredients:
- 1200g Pre-cut Whole Chicken, cut 12pcs
- 250g Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 300g Water
- 30g Coconut Kerisik
- 10g Turmeric Leaf, Sliced
- 10g Fresh Lime Leaves
- 15g Salt (to taste)
- 8g Coarse Black Pepper (to taste)
- 10g Fresh Turmeric Leaf, garnishing
- Blend all rendang paste ingredients until fine, set aside.
- Pour the blended rendang paste into large pot together with chicken, Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, water, kerisik, turmeric leaves and lime leaves.
- Cook using medium heat for around 50 minutes until the chicken cooked and tender.
- Season with salt and course black pepper to taste.
- Just before turning off the heat, add in slices of fresh turmeric leaf to serve. Enjoy!