This recipe is best with
- Stock Base:
- 1 whole old chicken, cleaned
- 150g ikan bilis, cleaned
- 30g dried shrimp, cleaned
- 1 big yellow onion, sliced
- 50g ginger, sliced
- 1 tbsp white peppercorn, whole
- 5L water
- Salt, to taste
- Creamy Hotpot Stock Base:
- 2L Stock Base
- 1 corn on cob, cut 5-6
- 1 big red tomato, wedges
- 5 shiitake mushroom
- 8 red dates, pitted
- 5 spring onion, white part only
- 100g Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 2 tsp salt
- Hotpot condiments, as desired
- Put stock base ingredients together in a big stock pot. Add in 5L of water or until water cover the ingredients. Put on stove and bring up to boil.
- When stock is boiling, turn down heat to low simmer. Skim off any impurities and oil from the surface. Let is simmer for 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Strain out the stock and set aside for later use.
- In your serving pot, add corn, tomatoes, shiitake mushroom, red dates, spring onion and salt.
- Fill it up with stock and Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream. Bring up to simmer, check seasoning and it's ready to dip your condiments! Enjoy!