Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Marlina Ghanie for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Haw flakes is quintessentially a classic and delish Malaysian snack! and when combined with burnt cheesecake, say goodbye to your diet-lah!” – Marlina Ghanie
- Burnt cheesecake ingredients
- 430g Anchor cream cheese
- 270g Anchor whipping cream
- 70g caster sugar
- 20g cake flour
- 150g eggs (3 large eggs)
- 50g haw flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Haw flakes syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup haw flakes
- To begin, make the syrup first. Boil 1 cup of water and add 1 cup of haw flakes in a saucepan. When the haw flakes have dissolved in the water, turn off the heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Then, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Next, preheat the oven at 230 degrees C.
- Place the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat it for 5 minutes till it becomes smooth.
- Add in sugar, vanilla essence, and lemon juice and beat the mixture.
- Next, add in eggs, little by little.
- Add in whipping cream slowly.
- Add in cake flour and whip for another 5 minutes, just until everything is incorporated.
- Pour half of the mixture into a lined 6" cake tin and top with haw flakes.
- Then, pour the other half of the mixture.
- Carefully place the pan in the oven and bake at 230 degrees C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the cake tin and refrigerate for 8 hours, covered.
- Drizzle the haw flakes syrup before serving.