This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Cookie Dough:
- 205g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 110g icing sugar
- 65g egg yolk
- 30g Anchor UHT Milk
- 400g low protein flour
- 50g ground almond
- Honey Caramel Topping:
- 110g almond slices
- 45g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 50g sugar
- 70g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 20g honey
- 20g glucose
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, mix Anchor Unsalted butter with icing sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix the egg yolk and Anchor Milk together, and slowly pour bit by bit in to the butter mixture.
- Sift in the low protein flour and ground almond, and mix until dough is formed.
- Divide into 2, and wrap with cling film.
- Grease a 28cm x 28cm tray, and press the dough as a base.
- Poke dough with a fork and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and turn down heat to 165C.
- To prepare the caramelised almonds, in a pot, put the Anchor Unsalted Butter, sugar, Anchor Whipping Cream, honey and glucose and cook to a 115C-118C.
- Add in the sliced almonds and stir evenly.
- Pour the almond sugar mixture onto the cookies, and bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes.