This recipe is best with
- Lemon Butter Cake:
- 175g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 3 Whole Egg, Grade A
- 175g All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 75g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- 1 Lemon Zest
- Lemon Syrup:
- 150g Water
- 50g Sugar
- 30g Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven at 160 °C. Grease the loaf pan by brushing with soft butter or using butter spray.
- Melt the Anchor Butter and transfer into a mixing bowl with paddle attachment. Add in sugar and beat at medium speed until smooth and shiny. (not fluffy)
- Turn the mixer to low speed, then add in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, add into the mixture to mix well.
- Lastly, add in Anchor Whipping Cream and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Fill the batter in 4X3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave it for 2 minutes. Unmould the cake and put on a wire rack.
- Immediately brush all the side with warm lemon syrup. Allow to cool down.
- In a saucepan, cook water and sugar until boil. Then add in lemon juice. Use when it is warm.
Lemon Butter Cake: