Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Ai Di Chai for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Apam Balik – my favourite pasar pagi / pasar malam (morning / night market) food since forever. I will never leave the pasar without it. It can be eaten as breakfast or dessert or simply as a snack. Making my favourite childhood food with a creamy and cheesy twist. Definitely worth a try!” – Ai Di Chai
- 160g Anchor cream cheese
- 40g caster sugar
- 1 medium size egg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g Anchor whipping cream / thick coconut milk
- 50g canned cream corn
- 60g Anchor whipping cream
- 6g icing sugar (omit if using sweetened peanut butter)
- 12g peanut butter (unsweetened)
- Some hawaiian coconut flakes for topping
- Preheat oven to 240⁰C.
- Prepare a 4” round pan and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk 160g cream cheese and 40g sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, mixing until just combined.
- Add 50g whipping cream and mix well then fold in 50g cream corn.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake at 240⁰C for 14-16 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Whisk 60g whipping cream and 6g icing sugar until slightly thickened (over ice water bath when weather is too hot).
- Add 12g peanut butter and whisk until firm peak.
- Spread the whipped cream onto the cooled cheesecake then top with some hawaiian coconut flakes.