Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Joe Loo for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- Ingredients for Burnt Cheesecake (A) :
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 70g Gula Melaka
- 2 eggs
- 100ml Whipping Cream
- 50ml Coconut Milk
- 2tbsp Pandan Juice
- 5g Corn Starch
- Ingredients for Pandan Custard (B) :
- 8 Pandan Leaves blend with 250ml water the get pandan juice.
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- 45g Hoen Kwe Flour
- 80g Gula Melaka
- A pinch of salt
- 200ml Water
- 5g Agar agar Powder
- Preheat oven to 240°C and line a 6 inch baking tin with parchment paper.
- Whisk cream cheese until creamy and add in gula Melaka continue to whisk until combine.
- Add in 2 eggs.
- Add whipping cream,coconut milk and pandan juice mix until combine.
- Lastly add in corn starch and mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before keep in the refrigerator.
- Prepared 8inch baking tin.
- Mix pandan juice, coconut milk and hoen kwe flour in a bowl.
- Boil 200ml water add in gula Melaka, salt and agar agar powder cook over low heat until gula Melaka melt.
- Pour pandan mixture into Agar agar mixture. Keep stir and cook the mixture on low heat until the mixture turned thick.
- Pour some pandan custard into 8inch baking tin as base let it cool and set before add in burnt cheese cake.
- Once the bottom pandan custard become cool it will harden. Now take the burnt cheese cake add in and then pour the remaining pandan custard at the side of the burnt cheese cake.
- Let the pandan custard cool completely before keep inside the refrigerator. Is best to chill for 3 to 4 hours into refrigerator before serve.