This recipe is best with
- Spinach Pesto
- 200g baby spinach
- 25g fresh sweet basil
- 12g thai basil
- 12g italian parsley
- 10g garlic
- 110g almond flakes, lightly toasted
- 110g Perfect Italiano Aged Parmesan Grated
- 120g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- Other Ingredients
- 40g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 40g all purpose flour
- 700g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 340g Anchor Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 500g macaroni pasta, dry
- 200g tuna, oil drained
- Using the food processor, combine spinach, sweet basil, Thai basil, parsley, garlic, almond flakes, Perfect italiano parmesan cheese and puree until chunky. Add 1/2 cup of Anchor full cream milk and puree until smooth. Set aside until needed.
- Melt Anchor unsalted butter in a sauce pan on medium heat low, add flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining Anchor full cream milk part by part, whisking it all the time until smooth and thick. Add 170g Anchor Cheddar shredded, salt and pepper and cook until cheese are melted, adjust seasoning to taste.
- Preheat oven on top heat only at 180˚C.
- Boil macaroni 1 - 2 minutes lesser to packet instruction. While waiting, add the spinach pesto and tuna into the cheese sauce and mix well. Drain pasta and transfer to the sauce, mix well until pasta is well coated.
- Spread pasta into a baking dish, top with the remaining 170g Anchor cheddar shredded cheese. Bake in oven near the oven broiler for 6 - 8 minutes until cheese is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
- Note: No almond flakes? Use any nuts available at home! *No Thai basil or Italian parsley? Can just use sweet basil to replace!