This recipe is best with
- Rendang Paste
- 300g red onions (sliced)
- 80g garlic (sliced)
- 80g ginger (sliced)
- 8nos lemongrass stalk 9 (sliced)
- 40g galangal (sliced)
- Other Ingredients
- 80g dried chilli paste
- 1nos pre-cut whole chicken (1.8kg approx)
- 250ml Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 300ml water
- 2Tbsp coconut "kerisik"
- 1pc turmeric leaf
- 2pcs fresh lime leaves
- 2pcs dried tamarind slices
- salt & coarse black pepper to taste
- 1pc sliced fresh turmeric leaves (for garnish)
- Blend all the "rendang paste" ingredients until fine, then set aside.
- In a pot, add in the blended "rendang paste", and the rest of the ingredients except salt, pepper.
- Cook with medium heat for about 50 minutes until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Once they're done, season with salt and pepper to taste
- Lastly, just before turning off the flame, add in the finely sliced turmeric leaves before serving. Enjoy!