This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy
This recipe is best with
- Roti Crepe:
- 10 pcs frozen paratha
- Cream Cheese Custard:
- 300g Anchor Full Cream Milk
- 2 pcs pandan leaves
- 77g egg yolk
- 60g caster sugar
- 27g corn starch
- Vanilla essence
- 115g Anchor Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 15g Anchor Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- Blue Coconut Pastry Cream:
- 4g blue pea flower
- 50g Anchor Whipping Cream, to cook
- 140g Anchor Whipping Cream, cold
- Coconut Pastry Cream:
- 1/2 portion cream cheese custard
- 140g Anchor Whipping Cream, soft peak
- 4g coconut essence
- Cook frozen paratha according to instruction. Cut into half when warm to handle. Remove any thick layer dough to mimic a thin layer crepe.
- Cut pandan leave with a scissor, place it in anchor milk and lightly heat it, off the heat and cover for 5mins to infuse.
- Using hand whisk, mix egg yolk, caster sugar, corn starch and vanilla essence, set aside.
- Lightly boil the infuse anchor milk, remove the pandan leaves and pour 1/3 into egg mixture, mix well then pour back into the pot and cook the custard on low heat until thicken, whisking it all the time. Add in anchor cream cheese mix well with hand whisk until smooth, then add anchor butter and hand whisk until smooth and shiny. Separate to 2 portion, wrap and chill.
- Lightly simmer anchor whipping cream with blue pea flower, remove from heat, cover and allow to infuse for 10mins. Add into cold anchor whipping cream, mix well and chill until 2-4C. Strain out the flower then whip until soft peak.
- Whip 1/2 portion of cream cheese custard until smooth, fold in blue whipped cream. set aside until needed.
- Whip anchor whipping cream with coconut essence until soft peak.
- Whip 1/2 portion of cream cheese custard until smooth, fold in coconut whipped cream. set aside until needed.
- Using a 7" spring form pan, place the roti brown surface down, spread 35g of coconut pastry cream evenly, lay another sheet of roti gently press down to ensure all sides are layered on the pastry cream, continue for total of 10 layers.
- After 10 layers of coconut pastry cream, repeat same process with blue coconut pastry cream until all roti sheets are complete. Wrap and chill overnight.
- Next day, flip it over on a cake board, slice and serve, enjoy!
To Prepare Crepe Layer:
To Make Cream Cheese Custard:
To Make Blue Pastry Cream:
To Make Coconut Pastry Cream: