This recipe is best with
- 100g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 400g All Purpose Flour
- 1/2tsp Baking Soda
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 70g Caster Sugar
- 195g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 1/2tsp Vanilla essence
- 80g Dark Raisin
- Preheat oven at 175 °C.
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, put Anchor Butter, sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar to mix at medium speed until crumble texture.
- Turn the mixer to low speed, add in Anchor Full Cream Milk, vanilla essence and raisin to mix well.
- Make the dough into a large ball. Then roll down until 1.6cm thick. Using a 2.5 inch diameter round cutter, cut out the dough and place in the baking tray with parchment paper. (Gently fold the excess dough together and roll out again to continue to cut out dough).
- Brush some egg wash on the scone and bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden brown colour.