Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Nmazlya for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Serawa Durian, also known as Kuah Durian is the one of the common food prepared by Malaysian during the Durian seasons. It is Durian flesh cooked with coconut milk, sugar or gula melaka and pandan leaves to eat with rice, glutinous rice, white bread or crackers.” – Nmazlya
- 250 g Anchor Cream Cheese
- 50 g Granulated Sugar
- 50 g Gula Melaka
- 2 large eggs (cold)
- 1 tsp Pandan Emulco / ½ tsp Pandan Paste
- 15 g Corn Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 100 g Durian Pulp
- Prepare a 6 Inch baking sheet and line with grease paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a bowl, beat anchor cream cheese using medium speed until soft.
- Add granulated sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Crush the "gula melaka" and put into the mixture. Mix well.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and add one at a time.
- Add Pandan Emulco / Pandan Paste into the batter and mix until well combine.
- Sift the corn flour and add to the mixture.
- Add coconut milk and stir well only.
- Then, put in Durian pulp and mix until well combine.
- Pour the batter to the baking sheet and put in the oven to cook for 40 minutes or until the top is slightly dark
- After cooked, put the baking sheet into the freezer for at least one hour. And, it's ready to serve.