This recipe is best with
- Steam Glutinous Rice:
- 350g Glutinous Rice, wash and soak for 1 hour
- 60ml Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 300ml Water
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pcs Pandan Leaf, tie into a knot
- 1 tbsp Additional Cooking Oil, to oil baking tray
- Pandan Sekaya:
- 10 pcs Pandan Leaves, cut 1” and blend with 400ml water
- 230ml Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 3 Eggs (Grade A)
- 200g Sugar
- 130g All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- Food Green Colouring, as desire (optional)
- Wash and soak the glutinous rice for 1 hour then strain. Mix with Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, water, cooking oil, salt and “pandan”. Stir and mix well.
- Lightly oil the baking tray and steam the glutinous rice mixture for 30minutes or until cook, remove the “pandan” knot.
- After the glutinous rice is cooked, press it well and steam again for around 10minutes.
- Blend the “pandan” with water then strain, keep the water.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs together with sugar until foamy, mix “pandan” water, Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, all-purpose flour, corn flour and green colour, mix well and until no lumps.
- Double boil the “pandan sekaya” until slightly thicken, ensure there is no lumps.
- Pour “pandan sekaya” using strainer on the pressed and cooked glutinous rice
- Using a low heat, steam the “kuih” for about 30-40 minutes or until it cooked.
- Place it on cooling rack for about 6 hours before cutting, serve. Enjoy!