This recipe is best with
- Steam Glutinous Rice:
- 350g Glutinous Rice, wash and soak for 1 hour
- 60ml Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 300ml Water
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pcs Pandan Leaf, tie into a knot
- 1 tbsp Additional Cooking Oil, to oil baking tray
- Pandan Sekaya:
- 10 pcs Pandan Leaves, cut 1” and blend with 400ml water
- 230ml Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 3 Eggs (Grade A)
- 200g Sugar
- 130g All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- Food Green Colouring, as desire (optional)
- Wash and soak the glutinous rice for 1 hour then strain. Mix with Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, water, cooking oil, salt and “pandan”. Stir and mix well.
- Lightly oil the baking tray and steam the glutinous rice mixture for 30minutes or until cook, remove the “pandan” knot.
- After the glutinous rice is cooked, press it well and steam again for around 10minutes.
- Blend the “pandan” with water then strain, keep the water.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs together with sugar until foamy, mix “pandan” water, Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, all-purpose flour, corn flour and green colour, mix well and until no lumps.
- Double boil the “pandan sekaya” until slightly thicken, ensure there is no lumps.
- Pour “pandan sekaya” using strainer on the pressed and cooked glutinous rice
- Using a low heat, steam the “kuih” for about 30-40 minutes or until it cooked.
- Place it on cooling rack for about 6 hours before cutting, serve. Enjoy!
Tips: Cover the steamer cover with large cloth so that the “kuih serimuka” surface smooth. Glutinous rice layer must be hot before pouring the “pandan sekaya” or otherwise it will not stick on each other.