Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Jo Li for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“Eating on a leaf is a novelty much loved by Malaysians and just as much by foreign travellers and expatriates in Malaysia. The banana leaves will give out a nice banana leaf aroma to the dessert. Let tradition to keep up & try my recipe of sweet potato with banana leaf burnt cheesecake.” – Jo Li
- 250gm Anchor cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 40g sugar
- 2 room temperature large eggs
- 70ml Anchor whipping cream
- 3g corn starch
- 150g purple sweet potato puree
- The purple sweet potato mash in the recipe can be cooked in water, peeled, blend with blender and set aside.
- Wrap 6 inch pan with banana leaf.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar together and beat until batter is very smooth.
- Slowly add eggs one by one to mixture and mix well to the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix the whipping cream, corn starch and sweet potato puree together and stir well.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Preheat the oven to 210c (lower middle rack) and bake for 30 minutes or bake cheesecake until deeply golden brown on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and serve.