Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Kak Wan for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
- 400 gm Anchor Cream Cheese
- 150 gm Tapai (Fermented Casava), mash
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 Anchor Dairy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup thick Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven at 210 C.
- Thaw Anchor cream cheese for at least 30 minutes to soften.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and mashed Tapai until creamy and smooth (no lumps).
- Add coconut milk, whipping cream and salt. Mixed well.
- Slowly mix in eggs and vanilla essence.
- Turn to very slow speed and mix until the mixture become smooth.
- Take out 1 cup of mixture, add cocoa powder and stir until well combined.
- Pour Tapai mixture into 6 inch round cake mould (lined with parchment paper).
- Then pour over the cocoa mixture and smooth the surface.
- Bake at 200 C for 40 minutes.
- Keep in chiller overnight. Unmould and serve chill.