Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Syahirah Aqilah Yusof for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“What inspired me to do this Iced Gem Basque Burnt Cheesecake? Well, back in the olden days, when I was a kid, I used to love eating this particular biscuit that my mother used to get for me in this Chinese uncle’s biscuit shop. There, all the biscuits or wafers are sold in weight form. The biscuit is called Ice Gem or Biskut Butang. Somehow, I think kids in the 80’s will definitely recognize this biscuit. It has a base of a crunchy milky base, topped with a sweet hard icing sugar that has been piped to look like a cupcake topping. It has 4 different colors,..green, yellow, pink and white! Even it all tastes the same, some might prefer to eat a particular color only…God knows why! So, yes! this I think really can relate with Malaysian Flavours, if you ask me! It also brings you back to the memory lane. I simply added the crushed biscuits to give it a little bit extra on the texture and also the appearance when you cut through. Also, the sweetness of the piped whipped cream on top resembles the biscuit’s look as a whole. It also brings a sense of happiness when you see the mixture of colors on the cake. Anyone who look at it, will remember how we, Malaysians, as a child, enjoy having the crunchy sweet biscuits with lots of different color toppings!” – Syahirah Aqilah Yusof
- 500g Anchor Cream Cheese
- 160g Castor Sugar
- 4 nos Grade A Eggs
- 245g Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 120g Iced Gem Biscuits, lightly crushed
- 18g All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup whipping cream, for topping
- Yellow, Green, Pink coloring
- Beat cream cheese until soften.
- Add in sugar and continue beating until it becomes creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and beat until it is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the whipping cream, all-purpose flour and vanilla essence.
- Then, mix it into the cheese batter.
- lastly fold in the crushed iced gems biscuits.
- Pour the batter into a 7" round cake tin which has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220 degrees celcius for 30-40 minutes, depending on oven.
- Once baked, leave it to cool before keep it refrigerated for an hour or overnight.
- When ready to be served, beat the whipping cream for topping.
- Divide them into 4 bowls and color them with green, yellow, pink and white.
- Pipe it on top of the cake and chill before serving.