This recipe is a courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Sponge Cake:
- 100g eggs
- 55g castor sugar
- 60g cake flour
- 20g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- Sugar Syrup:
- 20g castor sugar
- 45g water
- Other ingredients:
- 200g sliced melon (1/4 melon) 2.5" long
- 300g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 30g castor sugar
- Decorations (as needed):
- 100g mini round shape melon
- 1g fresh mint leaves
- In a bowl, crack the eggs, whisk for around 1 minute.
- Then pour in castor sugar, continue whisking until sugar dissolved.
- In another bowl larger bowl, pour in hot water. Then place back the bowl with egg mixture onto a bowl of hot water and continue whisking until the mixture are slightly foamy, remove the bowl of egg mixture from hot water.
- Continue whisking until the egg mixture appears light, foamy & it turns white.
- Next, sift in cake flour & fold the mixture gently until smooth.
- Melt the butter & slightly cool it down, the add 1 ladle of cake mixture the butter & stir until well combines. Mix this mixture into the larger bowl of cake mixture, mix and fold until combines.
- Line a parchment paper on a 15cm x 15cm square tray & then pour in the prepared caked mixture, then bake in pre-heated oven with the temperature of 170°C for 25-25minutes. *baking times will depends on oven quality
- Remove from oven after bake the cool it down on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl mix sugar & water & melt it by using microwave, set aside to cool down.
- Slice the sponge cake into 10mm thick.
- Pour in whipping cream together with castor sugar, whip the mixture until medium soft peak, keep chill.
- Brush pre-sliced sponge cake with sugar syrup & the spread with whipped cream, the arrange with sliced melon & then cover it again with whipped cream. *repeat this process until all 3 layers.
- Cover the whole cake with cream & keep it chill for at least 3 hours.
- Cut and portion the cake then garnish with round shape melon & also mint leaves. Enjoy!