This recipe is a courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Basic Kek Lapis Layer:
- 500g Anchor Salted Butter
- 50g condensed milk
- 100g icing sugar
- 180g egg yolk
- 300g whole eggs (5 nos)
- 150g all purpose flour
- White Coffee Layer:
- 80g white coffee powder
- 80g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- Mix Anchor salted butter, condensed milk, icing sugar using the creaming method on high speed using beater attachment until fluffy.
- Separately, whisk egg yolk, whole egg, icing sugar on high until ribbon stage.
- Gradually add eggs mixture into butter on medium speed until emulsified.
- Last add in flour and mix on low speed until mix well.
- For white coffee layer, heat milk and dissolve instant white coffee powder.
- Separate basic batter into 2 bowls (appx 700g) gradually mix in white coffee mixture into 1 of the basic batter. Keeping another bowl plain.
- Pre-heat oven, turn on grill mode or top heat at 200C.
- Grease the baking pan and lay parchment paper.
- Spread 70g white coffee layer evenly, bake for 3mins - 3mins 30sec or until browned use a smaller baking square pan and firmly press down the layer (repeat this on every layer). Repeat 2 more layer.
- After 3 layers of white coffee, now spread 70g basic batter evenly, bake for 3mins - 3mins 30sec or until browned. Repeat 2 more layer. Repeat the process until you get 21 layers in total.
- Allow to cool completely, wrap and keep in chiller for 2-3 days before serving. Serve in room temperature, enjoy!